Phone: 08382-282364, 282363, Fax: 08382-282452
Rev. Dr. Irudaya Raj S.
Morning Star Regional Seminary
Barrackpore – Barasat Road
Sewli – Telenipara PO. Nilganj
Calcutta – 700 121, West Bengal, India
Phone: 098306 44543
Phone: +91-481-2563747, 0481-2565767
Phone: +91-9631120770, 9430245428
Vision and Mission Statement for the Commission
Vision provides a guide, a blueprint giving direction to one’s efforts. The member bishops and the consulters prepared the following Vision and Mission Statement for the Canon Law Commission:
To establish the kingdom of God by promoting the values of Love, Truth, Justice, Peace, Harmony and Communion.
The commission for canon Law and Other Legislative Texts by its planning and programmes will reinforce these values and create, strengthen and sustain effective administrative and pastoral structures in a true spirit of Christ and according to the mind of the Church, which will promote a healthy and participatory Church, which will reflect the kingdom of God.
By these activities, the Commission will work to realize the kingdom of God in India.
1. His Eminence Oswald Cardinal Gracias, Bombay: 1998 – 2006
2. Most Rev. Anthony Anandarayar, Pondicherry: 2006 – 2015
3. Most Rev. George Antonysamy, Madras-Mylapore: 2015-2019
4. Most Rev. Derek Fernandes, Karwar: 2019-
Former Executive Secretaries
1. Msgr. Joseph Chinnayyan: 1988-2003
2. Fr. Dominic Savio Fernandes: 2003-2005
3. Fr. Peter Thumma: 2006-2010
4. Fr. Arulselvam Rayappan: 2010-2018
5. Fr. Irudaya Raj S. 2018-